What treatments are available at Motion Matters?
A physiotherapy treatment session at Motion Matters may involve a variety of modalities:
- Acupuncture and Trigger Point Dry Needling
- Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS)
- Manual therapy
- Exercise prescription and core strengthening
- Injury prevention
- Pain management
- Gait retraining
- Massage therapy
- Postural re-education
- Interferential current
- Low Level LASER therapy
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- Spinal traction
- Ultrasound therapy
- Prenatal exercise sessions
- Postnatal exercise sessions
What conditions can benefit from physiotherapy?
The positive effects of physiotherapy have been well documented in the successful treatment of:
- Acute, chronic or postoperative pain
- Back and neck pain
- Capsulitis and Frozen Shoulders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Disc Disease or herniation
- Scar tissue
- Muscle spasms and strains
- Myofascial disorders
- PatelloFemoral Syndrome (PFS)
- Plantar Fascitis
- Radiating pain, numbness and nerve root irritation
- Tendonitis and bursitis
- TMJ Disorders
What are the clinical scientific effects of physiotherapy treatment?
Each physiotherapy treatment option offered at Motion Matters has its own combination of therapeutic effects. The following clinical effects of physiotherapy are scientifically documented to:
- Encourage nerve stimulation, regeneration and cell repair
- Improve microcirculation and revascularization
- Improve muscle relaxation and soft tissue and joint healing
- Promote inhibition of pain
- Soften and reduce scar tissues and contractures
In your words
"Motion Matters offers the most highly skilled physiotherapists, innovative techniques and equipment and have helped me to improve and manage my limitations."
"I had a chronic rotator cuff and I'd been to a half a dozen clinics in Ottawa looking for help. Finally, I found Joëlle Segers [at Motion Matters]."
Take a Breath! Breathing workshop
At Motion matters Exercise Centre (2nd. floor), 30 November 2013, 9am-12pm
Joëlle Segers (certified Physiotherapist, Pilates instructor and Personal Trainer)
What: This workshop will give you a brief overlook of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system. Through breathing exploration and exercises, you will learn to consciously improve your breathing, better manage your stress, improve your core recruitment and facilitate health.
Fee: $30.00 (snack et rafraichissement inclus)
Register at the reception desk in person, by phone (613)237-4343, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org